Thursday, July 26, 2007

Mel B, knows as "Scary Spice"




ESSENCE.com: Was Eddie ever excited about your pregnancy?

MEL B: Oh this was a completely planned pregnancy. This wasn't some random, "Oops I fell over and I'm pregnant." I don't live my life like that. I'm a responsible parent and have been a responsible single parent since I got divorced. This is the one thing that really annoys me. If I wanted to have a baby I would have had a baby a long time ago. I wouldn't have waited eight years to have another one.

ESSENCE.com: Wow. So you two sat down and decided to have a child?

MEL B: Yes, of course. As soon as I had my IUD removed we proceeded to get pregnant. It happened quicker than we expected but it was perfect timing.

ESSENCE.com: What made it perfect timing?

MEL B: Because we planned to get married at Christmas, but then we had to change it once I got pregnant and we decided that after the baby was born we'd get married.

ESSENCE.com: Why do you think he went flip mode and publicly denied his flesh and blood?

MEL B: First of all, I'm a very independent woman so if you're trying to control me, that's not going to happen. In any relationship, it's all about compromise. We were going to buy a house in Malibu and move in together. Somehow things got confused along the way because there were certain things that went on in his house with his lifestyle that I wasn't prepared to be a part of. So that became a trippy discussion, which ended up where we both refused to budge.

ESSENCE.com: What is it about his lifestyle that you don't like?

MEL B: I have a baby with this guy so I have to be somewhat respectful. I'll simply say that there were lifestyle changes that he would have to make if we were going to live together and do it properly. I have a house where it¹s about my kids and me. I don't have people knocking on my door at 3 and 4 in the morning. I have a very simple life—I don't have a ton of people looking after my kids—I'm a very regular person when it comes to that because I want my kids to have a normal life as much as possible.

Read more at essence.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments