Monday, December 21, 2009

Chris Henry, 26, was involved in a domestic dispute with his fiance Loleini Tonga when he jumped into the back of the pickup truck she was driving.















A witness claims an NFL player threatened to kill himself moments before taking a fatal fall from the back of a pickup truck. Police said Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chris Henry, 26, was involved in a domestic dispute with his fiance Loleini Tonga when he jumped into the back of the pickup truck she was driving.

But just before Tonga pulled away, Lee Hardy, who said he witnessed the incident, said Henry issued a very prophetic warning. "He said, and this I quote, I heard this very clear 'if you pull out and go out and go down the road I'm going to jump out from the truck and kill myself'," Hardy told MyFoxCharlotte. Hardy said Henry seemingly was trying to get keep his fiance from driving away. "I could hear him yelling and screaming.

I looked over and saw this young man with no shirt on in the back of the truck and thought that was odd, it's 30 some degrees outside. He kept pounding on the top of the truck and the side near the passenger's side saying, 'I just want to talk, I just want to talk.' And, she said 'I don't want to talk, get out of the truck'," said Hardy.

Henry was found lying in a nearby residential road moments later and died early Thursday morning from head injuries sustained from the fall. Police said the yellow truck was speeding around a curve when he ended up in a ditch on the side of the street, MyFoxCharlotte reported. Family sources told the station the argument was over the couple's wedding plans. Henry leaves behind his fiance and three children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments